Friday, March 25, 2011

How To Add Digg Button To Your BlogPost !!

Howdy Readers,
Yaa I know you guys are now bored with me giving all this stupid tutorials all the time :). This would be the last one I promise. !!! just kidding there will be a lot more to come guys so just wait and Enjoy and all this will really help your blog a lot and you should do this. I am not joking guys this is really good for your blog.


If a reader wants to Digg your great article then he/she wont have to go to Digg and submit the URL just click on one button and its done. And many people are really benefiting from it and so can you. I dint put it on my blog because I already have embedded the share buttons. But if you don't want those you can just put this one.



Now as usual All you have to do is follow some simple steps and you are done.
Here are the steps.


1. Log into your blogger account
2. Goto to Design > Edit Html  and check Expand Widget Templates.
3. Now find the code below (use Ctrl + F)

<data:post.body/>
4. now paste this below Digg code just above or below the code above.

<div style='float:left; margin-right:10px;'>
<script type='text/javascript'>
digg_url=&quot;<data:post.url/>&quot;;
</script>
<script src='http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.js' type='text/javascript'/>
</div>
Now If you paste Digg code above the post.body code then the Digg button will appear on top  and if you paste it below then the button will appear at the bottom of the post.

Now IF you want to change the location of the Digg button from left to right, just change the highlighted left and right in red to opposites.

Hopefully this will help all of you.
And if you have any questions let me know.
Thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Bloggers

Hatim - Find me on Bloggers.com